Our environment is becoming more and more packed with what has recently been coined ‘electrosmog’ – invisible ‘fields’ of energy emitted by everyday electrical devices such as mobile phones, WiFi routers and smart meters. Arguments about the effects of this electrosmog are escalating between companies selling electronic technology and experts studying the health impact on living organisms. The companies tell us that the electrical forces made by their devices are so weak that they don’t harm us – which in itself is believable because, apart from a small group of highly electro-sensitive people, most of us don’t feel any effects. However, many experts claim to have gathered evidence to the contrary.
Topics that we cover in this week’s audio podcast
- We’re Bio-electric beings
- Wherever an electrical current flows we also find a field
- Every single cell in our body is sensitive to Electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- EMF’s cause ion channels to open in our cells -disrupting the balance of oxidation and reduction (Redox balance).
- Whilst there may not be a consensus about the effect of man-made EMFs on our long term health we can follow the ‘Precautionary Principle’ and reduce our exposure in these three ways:
1. Remove the source – decline to have a smart meter installed in your property.
2. Distance yourself from the source – aim to keep phones and other personal devices at least one foot away from your body.
3. Reduce time of exposure – switch equipment off when not in use.
Get the book that goes into more detail on this topic here