This is for all of those people out there who would like to make changes in their daily routines, to really start to follow their dreams in a practical tangible way. If this sounds like you, then you are in the right place. Let me know if this inspires you to think about implementing small achievable goals today!
Making changes in your daily life is often met with a lot of effort and despondency, however, if you approach in the right way, you can make these changes easily in a way that encourages you to keep going, to be consistent and to work towards your dreams in a way that you have never known was possible.
Let us get some energy going to help you towards accomplishing this seemingly massive feat.
I was hoping to see where your head is at today. Are you talking to yourself again and saying ‘I can’t do it, life is too crazy, so many things to accomplish, this is just adding to my already long to-do list.’ Do you recognize this? We have all been down this road before and I certainly go down this road many, many times a week.
I would like you to sit back and really relax, ok good. Now picture yourself looking at a road, and at the end of a road is a fork. You look next to you and see someone that looks exactly like you standing right beside you and looking straight back into your eyes. You immediately realize that you are looking at yourself and you smile. Hello, you say to yourself and yourself says hello back at you. Then you hear yourself say in this deep reverberating tone, ‘Choose a path to take on this road.
Can you see the fork just up ahead? If you go left you can have the life that you live now upholding the same job, standards and personality. You will do the same things that you have always done with the same weekends that you have always had. If however, you choose to go right at the fork, can you see yourself being worthy of so much more?
You can see the changes you need to make and what areas of your life you need to raise your standards. How do you fulfil your dreams, how and when do you choose happiness, how and when do you choose health and what steps are to make to choose more wealth? More importantly, what does wealth really mean and look like to you?
I have put together some points from an absolutely wonderful article that I have read by Anita Chaudhuri, associate editor of Psychologies magazine, called A solid foundation for your best life. A solid foundation includes the following:
1. Have a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
2. Create structure. Without a detailed path of how to get where you want to go, you will most like find yourself off-target and out of time.
Write a list of all the steps that you need to take in the form of a “Focus Map”
“take the big intimidating outcome and break it down into behaviour”
Do a Body Reset Cleanse
To feel energetic, healthy and happy
- Reaserach the options
- Purchase the course
- Set dates in calendar
3. Make your goals very … very small and achievable. Set a timer and stick to it (or most likely you will go over that time, but either way you have accomplished your goal). Four minutes? Consistency is key and a little goes a long way.
4. Make habits so easy that you do them on autopilot says Rangan Chatterjee the author of ‘Feel Better in 5’. Anchor the action to something you already do without thinking. To wake up early in the morning I use the lure of coffee to get me up. That delicious drink gets me up early every day.
5. Create a menu of mind, body and heart snacks to fit into your daily menu. YES!! I have never thought of this, thanks to Chatterjee. Journaling, calling a friend, connecting with people, exercise, Meditation – skies the limit!
Hit a snag, feel down or despondent? Have a look at the book ‘The Power of Bad’ by Roy Baumeister and realize that we all have a ‘universal tendency for negative events and emotions to affect us more strongly than positive ones.’ ‘Bad moods prompt the mind to analyze’ so you need the bad or the negative to really understand and appreciate the world and to adjust your path if needs be.
6. Enjoy the journey. Whether it’s a body reset cleanse, a change in routine or career, just enjoy the ride. There really is no point doing anything unless you make the most of it really is there? Enjoy the process.
7. Sunday ‘Life Scans’ – Every Sunday reassess how you are doing on your daily/weekly/monthly goals. Be kind to yourself, reschedule missed tasks and go into the new week with a sense of appreciation for what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish for weeks to come.