Today’s session is slightly different in that it looks at a different set of relationships that influence our health. If you’re someone who likes to ‘treat their body as a temple’ – today we’re challenging where the temple is – and where your body/temple/home starts and finishes.
We’ll talk a lot about microbes – which I believe are the interface between your inner and outer worlds. The interface between the biology that makes you ‘You’, and the biology of food that makes food, ‘Not You’. From this example, we will see how we can only be as healthy as the environment that we’re bathed in. (Goldfish example)
Putting this session into the context of this 6-week series – which has been all about health. The first five episodes we’ve spoken largely about common behaviours, habits and lifestyle choices we can do day to day that affect our physiology, our biological rhythms and support our wellbeing. From getting a good night’s sleep, meditation/mind/emotion/relationships, cold/heat, light/dark, movement/rest etc.
In this session
- Gut ecology and health – we want the right team of buddies supporting us from the inside. [wild fermentation bridge]
- Soil ecology and plant health – plants need a ‘dream team’ of buddies to help them stay robust and to provide us with nutritious food.
- Glyphosate and health – the main component of the herbicide, Roundup, has detrimental effects on soil ecology and our gut ecology.
- Other ecosystem services – forests, rivers, cloud systems working for us. What is the monetary value of these?
- Gaia hypothesis – the earth is a self-regulating organism that supports life
- What can you do? – Daily choices and the use of purchasing power.
The book from where we get the topic for this episode is available here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Restoring-Balance-return-natural-health/dp/1089556977